What backs this up?
- Emergence of platform as a service offerings that are providing the flexibility to move, migrate and be portable between cloud providers,
- Collective wave movements of thousands of knowledgeable people in highly connected and collaborative communities that can be tapped in for FREE, replacing timely consultancy and engagement at the embryonic stage of projects
- Community driven development and design tools and methods reducing time to market
- More successful agile software delivery and change methods, reducing release management processes
- Proprietary vendor marketing expenditure rising over the last 2-3 years, when was the last time you saw EC2 on a billboard
Maybe I’m wrong…?